North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Support-Democrats

Daily newsbrief journal for June 2012, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Support-Democrats

Postby admin » Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:40 pm

You know why I like the Democratic Party? I'll tell you: It's a big tent, and it always has been.

It's a place for working people and the middle class. For women, veterans, and small business owners. And new Americans, too. Everyone belongs here.

As we head into Saturday's important FEC fundraising deadline, you should be a part of it, too. Pitch in whatever you can, even as little as $3, to re-elect President Obama and help Democrats in tough local fights this year.

Contribute to the Democratic Party today.

Democrats represent a broad cross-section of Americans. It's our shared values that connect us -- and our policies reflect our core beliefs.

Think about it: When factory workers got together and decided to unionize to fight for the five-day work week, the minimum wage, and child labor laws, who got behind them? Democrats.

When women fought for their right to vote, and the 19th Amendment granting them suffrage was passed, who got their back? President Woodrow Wilson, a big Democrat.

Shut the history books, take a look at this president, and you'll see the same thing:

Barack Obama has said that people should be able to marry whoever they love.

President Obama has told the children of immigrants that if they've grown up in the United States and followed the rules, there's a place for them here.

There's never been a better time to be part of the Democratic Party. And I'm not going to mince my words: Democrats need us this year.

Congressional races up and down the ticket are relying on the funds we can bring in between now and Saturday's critical FEC fundraising deadline. President Obama's counting on us, too.

Donate before the deadline:

https://my.democrats.org/Support-Democrats

And know that you're playing a part in moving this nation forward -- for decades and decades to come.

Thanks,

Donna

Donna Brazile
Vice Chair
Democratic National Committee
admin
Site Admin

Return to June 2012