North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

STATEMENT OF NRC CHAIRMAN GREGORY B. JACZKOON THE REPORT FRO

Daily newsbrief journal for June 2012, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

STATEMENT OF NRC CHAIRMAN GREGORY B. JACZKOON THE REPORT FRO

Postby admin » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:30 am

If there are images in this attachment, they will not be displayed. Download the original attachment
Page 1
STATEMENT OF NRC CHAIRMAN GREGORY B. JACZKOON THE REPORT FROM THE OFFICE OF THE INSPECTOR GENERALI have felt confident all along that my actions have been consistent with myresponsibilities and authorities as Chairman, and certainly that there was no wrongdoing. This report underscores my belief. I appreciate the Inspector General’s independent investigation and am glad to put this behind us. The report raises nothing new of substance. Under my chairmanship, the NRC received numerous awards and recognition for our diverse and accommodating work environment. I am particularly proud that the NRCconsistently has been rated as one of the Best Places to Work in the federal government duringmy tenure as chairman. I am also immensely proud of my consistent safety voting record, myattempts to make the commission's decision-making process more transparent, and my strong, consensus-based leadership during the agency's tremendous response to the events at Fukushima. I have worked every day with an intense and singular focus on the agency's mission, and if Iwere asked to do it all again – that would not change. It is the day in and day out hard work and resolve demonstrated by the NRC staff that deserves the media’s focus and the public’s attention. During the past year we have madetremendous progress towards improving the safety of our nation’s nuclear plants and safeguarding the public health. In the last six months alone, the agency authorized threeimmediately effective orders for all nuclear reactors to implement key safety recommendations from the agency’s Japan Near-Term Task Force, approved the first new reactor licenses in morethan 30 years, and began the transition to a new fire protection standard at nuclear power plants. We have also imposed improved safety standards for the transportation of certain types of radioactive materials and irradiated fuel, completed regulations to ensure that the acceptancecriteria established at the outset of new plant construction is maintained through plant completion, and have made significant strides towards implementing a Safety Culture PolicyStatement. I am immeasurably proud of our accomplishments, and I look forward to continuingto focus on the critical safety mission of the agency.###News releases are available through a free Listserv subscription or by clicking on the EMAIL UPDATES link on the NRC homepage (www.nrc.gov). E-mail notifications are sent to subscribers when news releases are posted to NRC's website. For the latest news, follow the NRC on www.twitter.com/NRCgov.NRC NEWSU.S. NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSIONOffice of Public AffairsTelephone: 301/415-8200Washington, D.C. 20555-0001E-mail: opa.resource@nrc.gov Site: www.nrc.govBlog: http://public-blog.nrc-gateway.govNo. 12-077June 26, 2012
admin
Site Admin

Return to June 2012