North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Two years ago today, President Obama made health care reform

Daily newsbrief journal for March 2012, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Two years ago today, President Obama made health care reform

Postby admin » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Friend --

Two years ago today, President Obama made health care reform a reality for America.

And today, every American can be secure in the knowledge that they need not fear bankruptcy because of illness. My father, Ted Kennedy, spent his entire career fighting tooth and nail for universal health care and my father and I fought side by side for mental health care. He would be proud of this moment.

But, the fight’s not over. Not by a long shot. Tea Party Republicans and their SuperPAC backers will do everything in their power to defeat President Obama, tighten their grip on Congress, and dismantle health care reform piece by piece.

Democrats face a critical FEC fundraising deadline on March 31st -- the first big deadline of 2012 and we must prove that grassroots Democrats are united in purpose and principle.

Please make a gift of $3 or more today in a showing of grassroots strength and solidarity. Your gift today on the 2nd Anniversary of Historic Health Reform will be matched 2-to-1, tripling the impact of your support.

You may remember the attack ads and outright lies that Republicans threw our way during the health care fight two years ago. Their dirty tactics know no bounds.

And now with the disastrous Citizens United decision, the attacks from Karl Rove and his multi-million dollar SuperPAC friends to smear President Obama’s record will only become faster and more furious.

If they have their way, health reform would be repealed, children could once again be denied coverage because of a pre-existing condition, insurance companies could discriminate against those in need of mental health care, and seniors could be forced to choose between paying for life-saving prescription drugs and rent or food.

We can’t let that happen. There is no time for sitting on the sidelines. We must act now.

Please join me in supporting the DCCC today with a generous gift today >>
http://www.dccc.org/page/m/1d63cf01/1b4 ... 6791/VEsF/

I am confident that with you by our side, we can not only protect historic health care reform, we can win in November.

Thank you,

Patrick Kennedy
admin
Site Admin

Return to March 2012