North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Pritzker Won’t be Commerce Secretary

Daily newsbrief journal for November 2008, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Postby admin » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:41 am

« Thread Started on Nov 20, 2008, 2:35pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: 01:57 PM ET
CHICAGO, Illinois (CNN) — Chicago businesswoman Penny Pritzker said Thursday that she is not a candidate for Secretary of Commerce in the administration of President-elect Barack Obama.

Pritzker said she “never submitted any information for the vetting process to begin” and that “while there were discussions, I was never formally offered the position.

“I have obligations here in Chicago that make it difficult for me to serve at this time.”

Pritzker was Obama’s national campaign finance chairwoman and had been mentioned as the leading candidate to become Obama’s Secretary of Commerce. She is the chairwoman of TransUnion, a national credit-reporting agency.

In a written statement her office issued Thursday, she said, “I think I can best serve our nation in my current capacity: building businesses, creating jobs and working to strengthen our economy.”

Pritzker noted that “it has been my great privilege to serve in the Obama campaign. I look forward to helping our new president in every way possible and am excited about the future under his leadership.”
admin
Site Admin

Return to November 2008