North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

President Obama on supporting American manufacturingfrom Oba

Daily newsbrief journal for February 2012, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

President Obama on supporting American manufacturingfrom Oba

Postby admin » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:51 pm

President Obama on supporting American manufacturingfrom Obama 2012 Blog
President Obama visited a Boeing production facility in Everett, Washington today to lay out a plan to support American manufacturers at home and in overseas markets:

First, if you’re a business that wants to outsource jobs, that’s your choice. But you shouldn’t get a tax deduction for doing it. That money should be used to cover moving expenses for companies that are deciding to bring jobs back home—that's who should be getting tax breaks.

Second, no American company should be able to avoid paying its fair share of taxes by moving jobs and profits overseas. My attitude is every multinational company should have to pay a basic minimum tax. You should not have an advantage by building a plant over there over somebody who's investing here and hiring American workers. And every penny of that minimum tax should go towards lowering taxes for companies like Boeing that choose to stay and hire here in the United States of America.

Number three, if you’re an American manufacturer, you should get a bigger tax cut. And if you’re a high-tech manufacturer, we should double the tax deduction you get for making your products here. And finally, if you want to relocate in a community that’s been hit hard by factories leaving town, then you should get help financing that new plant, or financing that equipment, or training for new workers.

I will go anywhere in the world to open up new markets for American products. And by the way: I will not stand by when our competitors don’t play by the rules. That’s why I directed my administration to create a Trade Enforcement Unit that just has one job: investigating unfair trade practices in countries like China or places like Europe.

http://www.barackobama.com/news/preside ... ufacturing
admin
Site Admin

Return to February 2012