North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Zardari says ‘Pakistan in no way responsible’

Daily newsbrief journal for December 2008, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Postby admin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:47 am

« Thread Started on Dec 2, 2008, 8:40pm »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: 03:43 PM ET
(CNN) — Pakistani President Ali Zardari denied his nation was involved in the deadly series of attacks on Mumbai, India, last week, and told CNN on Tuesday he has seen no evidence that a suspect in custody is a Pakistani national despite Indian officials’ claim to the contrary.

“I think these are stateless actors who have been operating all throughout the region,” Zardari said on CNN’s “Larry King Live” in an interview set to air Tuesday night. “The gunmen plus the planners, whoever they are, (are) stateless actors who have been holding hostage the whole world.”

Indian officials have publicly blamed Pakistani militants for the attacks, and called on Pakistan to hand over a group of wanted militant leaders suspected of plotting them. On Tuesday, Pakistani Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi proposed a joint investigation into the attacks and said, “This is not the time to point fingers.”

Zardari confirmed he is willing to have Pakistani security officials participate with India in a joint investigation.

“The state of Pakistan is in no way responsible,” he told King. “… Even the White House and the American CIA have said that today. The state of Pakistan is, of course, not involved. We’re part of the victims, Larry. I’m a victim. The state of Pakistan is a victim. We are the victims of this war, and I am sorry for the Indians, and I feel sorry for them.”
admin
Site Admin

Return to December 2008