North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on Nomination of Tom Daschle as HHS Secretar

Daily newsbrief journal for December 2008, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Hoyer Statement on Nomination of Tom Daschle as HHS Secretar

Postby admin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:46 pm

Hoyer Statement on Nomination of Tom Daschle as HHS Secretary

WASHINGTON, DC – House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement after President-elect Obama nominated former Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle to be the next Secretary of Health and Human Services and Director of the White House Office of Health Reform:

“By nominating Tom Daschle to serve as Secretary of Health and Human Services and Director of the White House Office of Health Reform, President-elect Obama has made it clear that he intends to follow through on his pledge to reform this nation’s health care system. With millions of uninsured Americans and millions more struggling with high costs, Tom is an exceptional choice to lead the fight for affordable, accessible health care for all. His knowledge of health policy and his dedication to health care issues will make him an effective champion for improving the health system.

“Having known Tom for many years, I am fortunate to call him my close friend. I have great respect for his leadership and his experience, and I look forward to working with him on the challenges facing our country.”

###
admin
Site Admin

Return to December 2008