North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

In October, when President Bush raised the specter« Thread S

Daily newsbrief journal for December 2007, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

In October, when President Bush raised the specter« Thread S

Postby admin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:57 pm

In October, when President Bush raised the specter« Thread Started on Dec 5, 2007, 5:40pm » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------In October, when President Bush raised the specter of World War III with Iran because of its pursuit of a nuclear weapon, he knew that our own intelligence community had concluded months earlier that Iran had halted its weapons program in 2003.This is as outrageous as it is irresponsible. It's exactly what he did in the run up to the war in Iraq in consistently exaggerating intelligence suggesting that Iraq had WMD while failing to tell the American people about intelligence concluding that it did not.For many reasons, war with Iran is not just a bad option, it would be a disaster. So I want to be crystal clear on this: if the President takes us to war with Iran without Congressional approval, I will call for his impeachment.The President's actions further undermine America's credibility around the world -- and the government's credibility here at home -- at a time when that credibility is at an all time low. And it injects more tension and instability into the Middle East at a time when we should be doing everything in our power to prevent that region from spiraling out of control.Yesterday I gave a major address in Iowa outlining a plan to keep Iran from producing the material that could one day be used for a bomb -- without using force. I encourage you to take a few minutes to read that plan on my website:Click here to read my plan to prevent Iran from producing the material that could one day be used for a bomb -- without using force.+>> http://www.joebiden.com/getinformed/speeches?id=0091 We need a president who will end the war in Iraq responsibly instead of taking us to war with Iran irresponsibly. My entire campaign is circulating my Iran speech today and I'm asking you to help. Please forward this email to everyone you know who wants to stop this President from taking us to war on cherry-picked intelligence and make a contribution to our media fund so we can get this news into the hands of voters as quickly as possible.Click here to contribute $25, $35, $50 or more to the campaign today and let voters know war in Iran is not inevitable.+>> https://secure.ga3.org/03/joebiden/nddXE1c9qXBze? The American people deserve a President who levels with them, especially when it comes to issues of war and peace. Our partners around the world expect it. Forfeiting that trust is this President's most terrible legacy. The next President's number one priority must be to rebuild it.Thank you,Joe Biden
admin
Site Admin

Return to December 2007