North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

the challenges we face don't come and go with the news cycle

Daily newsbrief journal for December 2007, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

the challenges we face don't come and go with the news cycle

Postby admin » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:46 pm

the challenges we face don't come and go with the news cycle. « Thread Started on Dec 19, 2007, 1:12am » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------It seems that other candidates in this race only talk about foreign policy when it's on the front pages of newspapers, but I know that the challenges we face don't come and go with the news cycle. Yesterday, I spoke again with President Musharraf of Pakistan, expressing my support for his recent decisions to retire from the military and to end the State of Emergency which he imposed on November 3. But I also told him that, while these steps were necessary, they were far from sufficient and urged him to fully return Pakistan to the democratic path. Specifically, to lift restrictions on the press, restore an independent judiciary and ensure that the January 8 elections are free, fair and transparent.As a member, and now Chairman, of the Foreign Relations Committee, I have spent my career dealing with the complex foreign policy challenges that confront America and already have relationships with many of the world's leaders. I understand you can't put the simmering hot spots around the globe on hold because it's an election year in 2008.Now is not the time for on-the-job training in the White House. With 16 days until the first votes are cast, I am asking you to support my campaign for President because, after eight years of George Bush, there will be no time to "get up to speed" in 2009.Click here to contribute $15, $25 or more to our campaign today.+>> https://secure.ga3.org/03/joebiden/nVpXE1c9q1Bhs? Our television ads are informing voters about my record -- they won't have to guess about what I'll do as President; they can just look at what I've already done. They are reaching crucial undecided voters every day and your contribution will be put to work in Iowa to keep them on the air. Please act today.Thank you,Joe
admin
Site Admin

Return to December 2007