North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Democrats 150-days of success« Thread Started on May 26, 200

Daily newsbrief journal for May 2007, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Democrats 150-days of success« Thread Started on May 26, 200

Postby admin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:25 pm

Democrats 150-days of success« Thread Started on May 26, 2007, 10:58pm » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Democrats 150-days of successBy Christina BellantoniThe Washington TimesWASHINGTON -- The new Democratic Congress has banked a legislative win, fulfilling a promise to pass a $2.10 increase in the federal minimum wage and marking the first of its "Six for '06" campaign pledges to become law since the party's January takeover. "We are making progress for the American people, governing effectively and getting results. Our work is not over, it has begun," said Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer of Maryland. "I've been here 26 years; I think this first five months may be the most productive five months that I've spent as a member of ... Congress," he said. Among the accomplishments Democrats are praising: Health care funding for children and veterans and money to help struggling farmers and victims of the 2005 hurricanes, all of which were expected to become law when President Bush signed a $120 billion emergency-spending measure after more than 100 days of political wrangling over Iraq policy.
admin
Site Admin

Return to May 2007