North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Confiscate war powers from the president« Thread Started on

Daily newsbrief journal for February 2007, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Confiscate war powers from the president« Thread Started on

Postby admin » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:48 am

Confiscate war powers from the president« Thread Started on Feb 10, 2007, 1:24am » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------February 9, 2007 at 11:14:31Are The Democrats Criminal Too?by Gatto read at source> http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne ... ts_cr.htmI haven't been writing too much in the last few days because I have nothing to say that hasn't already been said. My great-great Uncle was Daniel Webster (according to my mother), and he was supposedly a great orator. If there is indeed an afterlife, and if departed spirits could actually look down on us and see what we're doing, I would hope that Daniel, whether or not he was really my relative or not, would see what I was doing and be proud of me. I am pretty well sure that if he were to "visit" with me today, he would be more than a little disappointed. I think I know why. Our nation (of which he was very protective) is at its lowest point (morally) since the Indian Wars. The war in Vietnam, if you start with the very first American casualty was nothing but a dark comedy of errors. No one person or one political group can be blamed for the war in Vietnam. How we entered that war can't be blamed on anything but ignorance. People blame JFK when in reality it started the day Japan surrendered. That is another subject we can let the historians write about. Other wars, such as The Spanish-American War, and the Mexican War, and all the other wars that we fought, with the exception of Vietnam, have never shown our nation to be so aggressive and callous, as the one we are in right now. The saving grace that we, as citizen's have, is that this war was not started nor was it sanctioned (once we realized that we had been lied too), by the people. The truth is that one man, not a group of shadowy figures, or a conspiracy of the military industrial complex, but just one man, George W. Bush, started it. To blithely blame others that can't be named, would be to reduce blame that should fall squarely on the shoulders of one man.Of course he had help, but the conception of the war and the lies that were told to achieve his invasion of another nation that was not a "clear and present danger" to us were authorized and sanctioned by Bush. He wanted this war long before he even occupied the White House. Interviews with Bush when he campaigned reveal that he saw Iraq as a nation that must be eliminated. The situation we are in is the direct result of a Bush's desire to conquer Iraq, and with it, the entire Middle East as we have seen from his bluster towards Iran. There is no doubt in my military mind that George W. Bush will attack Iran. There is also no doubt in my mind that the American people, as well as the Congress and the entire government know this as well. Yet, even though this action is illegal and immoral and against everything that we as a nation stand for, no one will stop Bush from launching this attack which will have horrendous consequences for our nation and the entire world. During the last election every progressive and liberal pundit in the nation drove this point home. The mainstream media, which rarely goes out on a limb, has even acknowledged that this is probably where Bush is taking us. Almost all of the Democratic Presidential candidates and most of the Democratic Senators and even some Republican Senators believe that this is the next step in Bush's "plan". This belief has led the American people to vote in record numbers and according to Bush himself, gave the Republican Party that supported Bush and his war "a good thumping'". We now have the opposition party controlling Congress, the opposition party that has criticized Bush's actions in Iraq and promised to do something about this war.Yet still, this Congress will not stop Bush from leading us into a war with Iran! They will not pass a binding resolution that will force this president, who has already started one disastrous war based on lies and rhetoric, to seek authorization from Congress before he attacks Iran. Why not? If Bush has no plans to attack Iran, why should he fight a resolution such as that? If he has no plans to attack, such a resolution means absolutely nothing. We could legislate the authority to protect American lives and property in the event of an attack by Iran. In the event of a false-flag attack, we should limit the President's response to such an attack until it is confirmed that the attack was genuine. The President must know that if a real attack from Iran took place that Congress would give him the power to wage war. He has absolutely no reason to fight a resolution such as one prohibiting war with Iran without approval from Congress unless he plans to attack Iran! It appears that for too long Congress has given away its war-making powers to the President, and that has led us from one disaster into another.So why won't Congress bring up this resolution? Even if the resolution is defeated with a veto from the President, it will still show the American people and the world his intentions. There is absolutely no reason not to offer up this resolution, or are the Democrats waiting for an attack on Iran for political gain? Do the Democrats believe that the majority of Americans will call them un-patriotic? Is this all about politics? If it is all about politics, than the Democrats are no better than the Republicans. If the Democrats would put this nation in jeopardy to win points politically, than they too are guilty of treason, it makes no difference what your political affiliation is. The bottom line is that if you are not protecting your country from harm, then you are not living up to your oath of office. I believe my Great Uncle would have felt the same way. I hope he is not disappointed in me, I'm trying to do the best that I can, even though it appears that my best just isn't enough. http://liberalpro.blogspot.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to February 2007