North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

News on Democratic plan to prevent future election« Thread S

Daily newsbrief journal for November 2006, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

News on Democratic plan to prevent future election« Thread S

Postby admin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:44 am

News on Democratic plan to prevent future election« Thread Started on Nov 18, 2006, 2:46am » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------News on Democratic plan to prevent future election fraud!Yes, yes, YES!read at source> http://www.progressiveu.org/131915-news ... -fraudThis is GREAT news!Senator Reid and the Democrats are fighting election shenanigans that have been the the core of the Republican policies in the last few elections!I'm doing the happy dance at THIS NEWS!"The Senate Democratic leadership team plans a long, laborious slog for the Senate next year even as party leaders continue to formalize their legislative agenda for the 110th Congress — an agenda that already includes a couple of surprises."At a breakfast with reporters Tuesday, incoming Majority Leader Harry Reid [D-NV] warned that the “do-nothing” Congress, as his party has labeled recent Republican rule in the chamber, will soon be over...."Principally, Reid said that would mean passing a bill to create criminal penalties for election fraud, including offenses such as voter misinformation campaigns carried out by robo-calls and misleading flyers."Noting that such tactics were used in both the Missouri and Maryland Senate races, Schumer said, “I think the person or people who authorized that should go to jail for 10 years.” Currently, civil fines usually are the most serious penalty assessed for such ploys. Schumer added that a separate unit should be created within the Justice Department to deal with cases of election fraud." (Roll Call)Let's make sure they outlaw those e-voting machines too. And for a party that understood that the 04 election was stolen in the machines and suppression, and the 2002 midterms was stolen in the machines and suppression, and the 2000 elections were stolen in the machines and the suppression....I have only ONE question?WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG? And i have ONE huge thanks to give too...to RFK Jr. who made the mainstream media report on this and who has ongoing cases on this too.Is it January yet? I can't wait to see all of this talk get put into action! my list of items that the Democratic Congress has said they will act on is getting longer... They'll certainly have their work cut out for them!
admin
Site Admin

Return to November 2006