North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

St. Louis Election Board Investigating Voter Fraud« Thread S

Daily newsbrief journal for October 2006, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

St. Louis Election Board Investigating Voter Fraud« Thread S

Postby admin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:25 am

St. Louis Election Board Investigating Voter Fraud« Thread Started on Oct 12, 2006, 11:15pm » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------St. Louis Election Board Investigating Voter Fraudcreated: 10/11/2006 7:20:45 PMupdated: 10/12/2006 9:29:55 AM read at source: http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.a ... d=105234By Ann Rubin(KSDK) - The St. Louis Election Board says it has received more than 1,400 voter registration cards that appear to be frauds, including some from dead people, and at least one from a 16-year-old girl.Miya Hinton just turned 16 in August. She and her mother were surprised when they got notice in the mail."She's like here's something for registering to vote," Hinton said. "I was like registering to vote? I can't vote yet, right?"Hinton has no idea how this happened."I felt like who knows all my information, like my address and everything. I was shocked."The St. Louis Election Board says it has 1,492 voter registration cards that appear to be frauds. Some are duplicates. Others are from city residents long deceased. Secretary of State Robin Carnahan says election fraud is a felony offense."We had some fraudlent registrations, apparently, that hasn't been proven yet," Carnahan said. "But if it is, it's the system working and making sure those people aren't on the registration rolls.All the cards came from the same source, a group called ACORN. It does voter registration door to door. A spokesperson says they take measures to make sure all their signatures are legitimate."There are four people going through the cards and calling back," said Selisa Washington of ACORN. "Because we've registered 45,000 people here, they go through about one in every four cards.Still, they admit they can't catch everything. "We want to work with the election board to make sure if they know exactly who it is who wrote those cards we would deal with it and get rid of those people as quickly as possible," Washington said.ACORN has come under fire in several states for similar problems. The St. Louis Election Board says it's taking this very seriously. So is Miya Hinton. Still, she says she'd love to vote, someday."When I'm 18, I'll make sure I go that day."The Election Board plans to pass the information on to the U.S. Attorney's Office.
admin
Site Admin

Return to October 2006