North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

NSA Whistleblower To Expose More Unlawful Activity« Thread S

Daily newsbrief journal for May 2006, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

NSA Whistleblower To Expose More Unlawful Activity« Thread S

Postby admin » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:28 am

NSA Whistleblower To Expose More Unlawful Activity« Thread Started on May 15, 2006, 3:41am » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------NSA Whistleblower To Expose More Unlawful Activity: Only 1 message in topic - view as tree From: Raymond - view profile Date: Sun, May 14 2006 12:16 am Email: "Raymond" <Bluerhy...@aol.com> Groups: alt.politics.bush, alt.politics, alt.politics.usa.republican, alt.crime, alt.impeach.bush Not yet ratedRating: show options http://groups.google.com/group/alt.poli ... 8c840Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author NSA Whistleblower To Expose More Unlawful Activity: 'People...Are Going To Be Shocked' "It's an angle that you haven't heard about yet," CongressDaily reports that former NSA staffer Russell Tice will testify to the Senate Armed Services Committee next week that not only do employees at the agency believe the activities they are being asked to perform are unlawful, but that what has been disclosed so far is only the tip of the iceberg. Tice will tell Congress that former NSA head Gen. Michael Hayden, Bush's nominee to be the next CIA director, oversaw more illegal activity that has yet to be disclosed: A former intelligence officer for the National Security Agency said Thursday he plans to tell Senate staffers next week that unlawful activity occurred at the agency under the supervision of Gen. Michael Hayden beyond what has been publicly reported, while hinting that it might have involved the illegal use of space-based satellites and systems to spy on U.S. citizens. ... [Tice] said he plans to tell the committee staffers the NSA conducted illegal and unconstitutional surveillance of U.S. citizens while he was there with the knowledge of Hayden. ... "I think the people I talk to next week are going to be shocked when I tell them what I have to tell them. It's pretty hard to believe," Tice said. "I hope that they'll clean up the abuses and have some oversight into these programs, which doesn't exist right now." ... Tice said his information is different from the Terrorist Surveillance Program that Bush acknowledged in December and from news accounts this week that the NSA has been secretly collecting phone call records of millions of Americans. "It's an angle that you haven't heard about yet," he said. ... He would not discuss with a reporter the details of his allegations, saying doing so would compromise classified information and put him at risk of going to jail. He said he "will not confirm or deny" if his allegations involve the illegal use of space systems and satellites. Tice has a history for blowing the whistle on serious misconduct. He was one of the sources that revealed the administration's warrantless domestic spying program to the New York Times. Filed under: National Security Posted by Faiz May 12, 2006 4:11 pm I never believed one administration could destroy the United States of America. I figured that our society was strong enough to thrive regardless who the President happens to be. I was wrong. Are we witnessing the end of American Democracy? Is it time to storm the Bastille yet? Comment by Jeff - May 12, 2006 @ 4:18 pm This administration is more secretive and paranoid than Nixon's. They are spying on Americans not to protect us from terrorists, but to protect themselves from being caught red handed and thrown out of power. Comment by Hardy Haberman - May 12, 2006 @ 4:39 pm
admin
Site Admin

Return to May 2006