North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

George Bush & His Band of Crooked Cronies« Thread Started on

Daily newsbrief journal for October 2005, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

George Bush & His Band of Crooked Cronies« Thread Started on

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:29 pm

George Bush & His Band of Crooked Cronies« Thread Started on Oct 31, 2005, 3:48am » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------George Bush & His Band of Crooked CroniesLiberal Politics: U.S. Blog« Civil Rights Are Dead Under Bush Faith-Based Initiatives | Main | NEWS FLASH! Bush Administration Has Brand New Reason for Iraq War »From Deborah White,read source: http://usliberals.about.com/b/a/212302.htmI live on the outskirts of one of the most conservative areas in the US. And yes, I have plenty of conservative friends. Most of them are experiencing their first epiphanies that George Bush is far less competent and trustworthy than they thought. So I smile with relief when reading the the passionate, wise and often quite clever words of my compatriots in the liberal blogosphere. I'm not alone....there's a whole world of fellow liberals who "get it." And since the Bush Administration now registers the lowest approval ratings in recorded history, liberals and progressives are finally no longer alone in judging the Bush presidency to be a dismal, bankrupt and bankrupting failure. Let's take a jog around the liberal blogosphere to hear the latest scoop on the Bush and his not-so-merry band of cronies....------------------------------- From The Left Coaster blog ......"Bush said this morning that he would focus on the nation’s business instead of paying attention to the background chatter and noise caused by multiple investigations and criminal inquiries of the GOP and White House. Why should he change now?This is nothing out of character for him, given that he also ignored the background chatter and noise from the August 6, 2001 PDB to focus on the remainder of his vacation that year. It is also not out of character for him to ignore the discussions he himself had with his chief political aide about his “clumsy” effort to destroy political opponent Joe Wilson and his wife, even as Bush lied to the country for two years about the role of his own staff in the smear campaign, and in claiming that he didn’t know who was involved in such activities.So keep on ignoring the chatter Mr. President. Ignoring things that you don’t want to deal with is the one damn thing at which you excel."------------------------------ Speculation from the wildly popular blog Crooks and Liars..."Although the President and Vice President are the only two elected positions voted on by all Americans to hold office, George Bush will get to appoint a replacement for Dick Cheney if the latter is forced to resign. That "nomination" will have to be confirmed by Congress......I guess the Founding Fathers didn't think of everything. They never in their wildest dreams could have foreseen the coming of two Republican scoundrels. One Richard M. Nixon, the other George W. Bush." Take time to read the rest of this post at Crooks and Liars. Lots of fascinating info there. ------------------------------ And from blogger Thomas Fortenberry...."It is never just the crime, it is the cover-up that destroys political careers. Just ask Nixon. He was an expert on the subject. As George Bush the First said many moons ago, 'Nixon’s only crime was getting caught.' True words of wisdom.Dubya seems destined to follow in those large 'I am not a crook' footsteps. Bush has committed enough impeachable offenses to open a dedicated Impeachment Library, but so far the RepubliCon’s control of Congress has stopped, blocked, and stalled all major investigations into his crimes. But the one that got away is also the one they fumbled: the Valerie Plame case. The beauty of this case, of course, is that it is lying about their attack on the person who pointed out that they were lying that got them in trouble.... Dubya claims he never knew anything about it. He appeared on camera several times, wagging his finger, saying “I did not have Roving intercourse with those men.” To no avail. Everyone in the world knows he is genetically incapable of telling the truth. Dubya should have just smirked and shut the hell up. Instead, he said he never knew, they never did it, and if anyone in his administration ever did they would be fired.Sir, surely thou doth protest too much! The problem here is that he now firmly established a lie. The problem with lies is that when truth eventually shows up, there is really nothing left for your defense. Ye olde nail in the cross.
admin
Site Admin

Return to October 2005