North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Bush administration asleep at the wheel again « Thread Start

Daily newsbrief journal for September 2005, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Bush administration asleep at the wheel again « Thread Start

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:23 pm

Bush administration asleep at the wheel again « Thread Started on Sept 7, 2005, 8:42am » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Bush administration asleep at the wheel again http://www.tribune-georgian.com/article ... .7.txtDear Editor, It's Friday evening, Sept. 2 as I write this. Four days since Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast and three days since the levees broke, flooding New Orleans. Yet only a few hours ago did the first real emergency rescue and relief supplies arrive.Scenes and reports from the television are unbelievable. Rapes, murders, beatings and looting; bodies on the street and floating in the water; hospital patients dying for lack of medicine, food and water; thousands still on rooftops awaiting rescue. I can't believe I'm looking at America. However, according to our president, who interrupted his vacation for us, the full weight of the White House and the government has been working on providing rescue and relief supplies since the storm hit on Monday, four days ago.If that's true, honestly true, then God save America from George Bush. We can't afford anymore of his help. Ever. He's like Dennis from the cartoon "Dennis the Menace," except this time he's all grown up and lives in the White House.As equally unbelievable as the news has been, is seeing Fox News reporting online that 50-some percent of Americans felt the government had done a "great job" in the relief effort. Let's see, four days to receive food and water. Does that really qualify for "great" status? I wonder if Gulf Coast residents would agree? We shouldn't permit the dead to vote on the question in order to keep it "fair and balanced." What a joke Fox "news network" has become.Until just this week, I firmly believed George Bush had already cemented his personal legacy. That, of course, would be lying to the nation, to the world and taking America to war unnecessarily as there was never hard evidence of WMDs, connections between Saddam and al Qaeda or an "imminent" Iraqi threat to America. That's what presidential historians will write about and what future school children will read and learn. Ultimately he'll simply be remembered as the worst president in modern day history. Now, however, George Bush may even have outdone his own personal worst with the handling of Katrina relief. It's being referred to in polite terms as a national disgrace and national shame. Countries around the world, including Bangladesh -- one of the poorest countries on the planet -- are offering to send help to rescue American citizens trapped in New Orleans since we can't. George may have just earned a second unflattering paragraph in his legacy.A last thought on this sad night. Does America really want Dennis, I mean George Bush, fixing Social Security for us? Thanks, but no thanks, George. Stay in Crawford and no more "helping" America, please. We just can't take anymore.Mike DesmondSt. Marys
admin
Site Admin

Return to September 2005