North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Count every vote« Thread Started on Feb 9, 2005, 9:15pm »---

Daily newsbrief journal for February 2005, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Count every vote« Thread Started on Feb 9, 2005, 9:15pm »---

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:14 am

Count every vote« Thread Started on Feb 9, 2005, 9:15pm »--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dear America,It's time to tell those who celebrate elections and voter participation in countries around the world that we must make sure every vote is counted in elections right here at home!That's why I am asking you to sign on now as a citizen co-sponsor of vitally important election reform legislation.http://www.friendsofhillary.com/CountEveryVoteNext week, I will introduce the Count Every Vote Act of 2005, co-sponsored by Senator Barbara Boxer. This comprehensive election reform bill will:Provide a verified paper ballot for every vote cast in electronic voting machines. Set a uniform standard for provisional ballots, so that every qualified voter within the state will know their votes are treated equally and will be counted. Require the Federal Election Assistance Commission to issue standards that ensure uniform access to voting machines and election personnel in every community. It's outrageous that some people in predominantly minority communities had to wait up to 10 hours to vote, while people in other communities often voted in minutes! In 2004, I introduced legislation similar to the Count Every Vote Act. But it never saw the light of day. I couldn't even get a hearing for my bill before the Senate Rules Committee. We can't allow this new legislation to suffer the same fate.The Republicans who control Congress don't want to address this issue. So we've got to build grassroots momentum to make sure they don't have any choice but to act. That's why I am determined to keep moving forward -- on the Hill, with advocacy groups, and with all of you!http://www.friendsofhillary.com/CountEveryVoteWill you join me in calling for action to Count Every Vote? Will you sign up to become a citizen co-sponsor of this bill, so that we can demonstrate that the American people won't sit still for inaction on legislation so essential to our freedom?Please forward this e-mail to your friends, and ask them to join us. Together, we will restore the credibility of American democracy, and make sure that we count every vote.Sincerely,Hillary Rodham ClintonP. S. I thank you for all you have done to build a stronger Democratic Party. Now, as we say goodbye to the outstanding leadership of my friend Terry McAuliffe, I look forward to working with Governor Howard Dean and the new DNC leadership. Let's make sure that our hard work counts on Election Day!
admin
Site Admin

Return to February 2005