North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Join the conversation« Thread Started on Feb 24, 2005, 9:52p

Daily newsbrief journal for February 2005, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Join the conversation« Thread Started on Feb 24, 2005, 9:52p

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:47 am

Join the conversation« Thread Started on Feb 24, 2005, 9:52pm »--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dear America,Tell me what you think about the plan for the future of our Party:www.democrats.org/planThe staff and I have been reading through thousands upon thousands of replies to my letter last week, and I wanted to report back to you on what people are saying about the plan for the future of our party:www.democrats.org/planTwo things struck me as I read what grassroots Democrats like you have to say.One was the honesty I heard about your very practical concerns at the local level -- many wrote about starting a local party organization, or living in a heavily Republican area where it has been hard to get the resources to make a difference.But we will meet those challenges -- because what stood out even more was the overwhelming energy and excitement at the grassroots of our party. So many Democrats can't wait to get started -- they want to grow our party from the ground up.And that's exactly what we're going to do.I've included below a few of the messages from people like you. Please take the time to read them, and to become part of this conversation yourself:www.democrats.org/planI'm traveling this week and next week -- to exactly the kind of places where we need to start building. I'm just leaving upstate New York, where folks concerned about jobs and fiscal responsibility are learning that you can't trust Republicans with your money.And I'm on my way to Kansas and Mississippi to talk to Democrats about how to take our agenda and values out into their communities.But our party will only succeed if you work to build it in your community. Your commitment can make it happen.Thank you.Governor Howard Dean, M.D.Chairman, Democratic National CommitteeA few of the responses by grassroots Democrats to the plan for the future of our party:"I especially support the effort to reach out to state and local Democrats. I'm a die-hard liberal in the heart of Bush country and I'd love to see more of a DNC presence here where we need it most!" -- Rachel (Texas)"For people who want to get involved in a Democratic movement, but haven't really done any 'active' organizing or operations in the past, it can be kind of daunting about where to go first -- please provide a clear path." -- Daniel (Oregon)"My county is starting to organize at the precinct level. If the DNC can help us with programs for those first meetings -- it would be great." -- Margaret (Missouri)"I served my country as an enlisted man in the Air Force for 10 years. Now I will serve my country again standing up for the values that make this country strong." -- Garth (California)"I fully support this plan and believe training tomorrow's leaders is the key to Democratic Party success. As a young American, I have plans to eventually run for office as a Democrat -- as your plan suggests, true party success will fill from the bottom up, not trickle from the top down." -- Bryan (Connecticut)You can read the plan and offer your feedback at: www.democrats.org/plan
admin
Site Admin

Return to February 2005