North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

believe in america« Thread Started on Aug 16, 2004, 6:10pm »

Daily newsbrief journal for August 2004, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

believe in america« Thread Started on Aug 16, 2004, 6:10pm »

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:59 am

believe in america« Thread Started on Aug 16, 2004, 6:10pm » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------On Friday in Portland, Oregon, I completed one of the most incredible journeys of my life. In the fifteen days following the Democratic convention, on our "Believe in America Tour," John Edwards and I traveled over 8,180 miles, through 22 states -- on 43 buses, 17 train cars, 7 helicopters, 3 airplanes and even one boat -- taking our plan for a stronger America directly to families and communities across the country.The final rally in Portland was attended by more than 50,000 people, making it the biggest political rally the city has ever seen. Hundreds of thousands of people met us along our travel routes and at our campaign stops. And you -- our millions of online supporters -- came along for the ride as well.Our goal, as we traveled across America, was not to make speeches, but instead to have a conversation. Part of this conversation happened on front porches and in town hall meetings: we heard the voices of rural Americans at the Nelson Family Farm in Smithville, Missouri; we met with citizens in Las Vegas working to keep nuclear waste from being sent to Yucca Mountain; and we talked with workers and business leaders at an economic summit in Iowa, and found they share many of the same concerns about rising health care costs and our economy.Everywhere we went, we heard the same sentiments: this is the most important election of our lifetime. Fifty thousand people in Portland wanted me to hear that; 20,000 in Grand Rapids; 17,000 in Bowling Green; 800 who gathered to surprise us in a parking lot in Springfield, Ohio; and countless thousands who joined us every step of the way.I heard what you were saying loud and clear. And I will take your energy and enthusiasm to heart every day of this campaign, and every day of my presidency.Please take a moment and share in our journey by viewing some of the pictures from our tour here:http://gallery.johnkerry.com/Thank you for making this trip possible, John Kerry
admin
Site Admin

Return to August 2004