North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

The Bus Rolls On« Thread Started on Aug 24, 2004, 7:43pm » -

Daily newsbrief journal for August 2004, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

The Bus Rolls On« Thread Started on Aug 24, 2004, 7:43pm » -

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:54 am

The Bus Rolls On« Thread Started on Aug 24, 2004, 7:43pm » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------The Bus Rolls OnDear America,Today the America Can Do Better Bus rolled through Lynchburg, Virginia and into Beckley, West Virginia, with average Americans telling their stories about how the Bush administration's policies have hurt their families. Americans like: Kathryn Hamilton, who lost her health coverage after being laid off and came close to bankruptcy trying to pay for her $400 in monthly prescriptions. Earl and Patricia Ladlee, who voted for Bush in 2000 but have decided that his foreign policy puts our national security at risk. Keith Gwinn, a 20-year Navy vet who works at the Veterans Affairs office and is angry that Bush hasn't kept his promises to veterans. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your Stories« Thread Started on Aug 24, 2004, 7:43pm » --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Your StoriesYesterday, we asked you to join us on the America Can Do Better Tour by submitting your own stories to us, and the response was overwhelming -- they are still pouring in. If you have a story you want to share with us, please do so today at the America Can Do Better website:www.americacandobetter.orgWe wanted to share one story we received, from Corey B. in Union City, Indiana.My name is Corey and I am 15 years old. Through the past four years I have witnessed major changes in the world I live in. ...These changes are those of a suffering economy, the changes that force me, at fifteen years old to work at a restaurant and make $2.25 an hour. The changes that have made my 19-year-old sister graduate high school and move directly into a factory job, plus a job at McDonalds, both barely making minimum wage, all so she can save up the money so she can go to college, without being in debt by the time she's 20.And I've seen my father laid off from a factory, leaving him unemployed, leaving my family struggling. Yet it doesn't end there. In 25 days the factory my mother has worked at for some ten long years will be shutting down completely and permanently, leaving her unemployed and once again keeping my family struggling to make ends meet, struggling to keep food in our cabinets, and clothes on our backs, and I ask you why? ...I know that John Kerry and John Edwards have what it takes to turn this economy around, and I will continue my personal campaign to help get the team of Kerry-Edwards elected in 2004, so we can take back America!America can do better for Corey's family, and for families like his all over America. Join us today on the America Can Do Better Tour, and read more stories from people like you:www.americacandobetter.org
admin
Site Admin

Return to August 2004