North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

James Carville's $160,000 Challenge! Dear America, My momma

Daily newsbrief journal for June 2004, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

James Carville's $160,000 Challenge! Dear America, My momma

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:08 am

James Carville's $160,000 Challenge! Dear America, My momma always said to me, "Tell me who you go with, and I'll tell you who you are." Well, I want to tell you about one man I'm proud to "go with" -- and that's Senator Tom Daschle of South Dakota. I want to tell you about a way you can "go with" him, too.Here's why I'm proud to support Tom. He's a hardworking senator who gets things done for South Dakota. He's also a principled leader for our party; a decent man who works to find common ground, but has a spine of steel when push comes to shove.And because Tom Daschle stands up against their special interest agenda and fights for what's best for America, the right wing radicals have declared Senator Tom Daschle to be "target number one."They've labeled him the obstructionist, sent powerful people to campaign against him, and ordered their extreme groups to run negative, misleading ads in his home state. Heck, they dumped a million dollars of negative ads on the guy (and in South Dakota, a million dollars buys you a heck of a lot of negative ads) back in 2002. He wasn't even up for election in 2002! That's how badly they want to take Tom Daschle out.After all, they know that George W. Bush and Karl Rove hand-picked Tom's opponent -- former Congressman John Thune -- because he's a rubber stamp for their right wing agenda. Dick Cheney and Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist have already been to South Dakota to campaign for Thune. And they are raising millions to help his campaign.In fact, Bill Frist has been bragging that he raised $160,000 for John Thune. So I challenge you today to help match what Bill Frist and his friends have done for John Thune by showing that a lot of Democrats standing together can do the same thing for Tom Daschle.I've always said that Americans won't trust a party to stand for them that doesn't stand for its leader. Tom Daschle is our leader in the Senate, and here's how we're going to stand for him.That means we need to raise $160,000 by June 30 -- a crucial fundraising deadline for Tom. Every dollar you give helps us towards this goal, so please dig deep and give what you can.Look, it's as simple as this: We can sit back and watch the right wing take down our Senate Leader -- let them run millions of dollars of negative, misleading and vicious attacks ads against Tom and leave him defenseless.Or you can take my challenge and help our friend Tom Daschle today.Go here: https://www.democrats.org/support/dasch ... .htmlJames Carville
admin
Site Admin

Return to June 2004