North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

April 10, 2004

Daily newsbrief journal for April 2004, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

April 10, 2004

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:05 am

April 10, 2004

Responding to requests by the September 11th Commission, the White House releases a newly-declassified President's Daily Brief from a month before the September 11, 2001 attacks warning of possible al-Qaeda activity, including planned hijackings, within the United States.
admin
Site Admin

Re: April 10, 2004

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:06 am

Bush criminals premeditated Iraq genocide« Thread Started on Apr 10, 2004, 10:32pm »--------------------------------------------------------------------------------From: Harry Hope (rivrvu@ix.netcom.com)Subject: Newsmax: Secret Document: Bush Supporters Planned Iraq Attack Before Election This is the only article in this thread View: Original Format Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc, alt.politics.bush, alt.politics.liberalism, alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, alt.rush-limbaugh, alt.politics.gw-bush, alt.politicsDate: 2004-04-10 05:08:45 PST A Report of the Project for the New American Century, September, 2000http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdfAn item on page 51 reads:"The process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionarychange, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic andcatalyzing event--like a new Pearl Harbor." http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover. ... 2448Monday, Sept. 16, 2002Secret Document: Bush Supporters Planned Iraq Attack Before ElectionA secret blueprint for world domination prepared for top associates ofGeorge Bush over a month before the 2000 presidential election calledfor an attack on Iraq and outlined actions designed to create a "PaxAmericana."This is the startling charge leveled by Australia's Sunday Herald,which reports that the document obtained by the newspaper shows thatthe Bush administration came into office determined to pursue policiesthat would allow America to control the destiny of the world.Writing in the Herald, Neil Mackay reports that the document was drawnup for Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz (now Rumsfeld'sdeputy), Gov. Jeb Bush and Lewis Libby (now Cheney's chief of staff).Mackay wrote that the document, entitled "Rebuilding America'sDefenses: Strategies, Forces And Resources for Aa New Century," waswritten in September 2000 by the secretive think tank "Project for theNew American Century [PNAC]."According to the PNAC document, the plan envisions the newadministration taking military control of the Gulf region whether ornot Saddam Hussein is in power.It states:"The United States has for decades sought to play a more permanentrole in Gulf regional security. While the unresolved conflict withIraq provides the immediate justification, the need for a substantialAmerican force presence in the Gulf transcends the issue of the regimeof Saddam Hussein."The document calls for a "blueprint for maintaining global U.S.pre-eminence, precluding the rise of a great power rival, and shapingthe international security order in line with American principles andinterests" and adds that the strategy must be advanced for "as farinto the future as possible."It also calls for the U.S. to "fight and decisively win multiple,simultaneous major theatre wars" as a "core mission."The Herald says that the document describes American armed forcesabroad as "the cavalry on the new American frontier."The PNAC blueprint is similar to the infamous 46-page Wolfowitzmemorandum written in 1992 that said the U.S. must "discourageadvanced industrial nations from challenging our leadership or evenaspiring to a larger regional or global role."Asserting that U.S. security requires that the United States tolerateno rivals to its global dominance, Wolfowitz wrote, "the new regionaldefense strategy requires that we endeavor to prevent any hostilepower from dominating a region whose resources would, underconsolidated control, be sufficient to generate global power. Theseregions include Western Europe, East Asia, the territory of the formerSoviet Union, and Southwest Asia."The memo has been described as nothing less than a plan to create aU.S world empire.The PNAC report goes on to make the following recommendations orobservations:Key allies such as the United Kingdom are "the most effective andefficient means of exercising American global leadership";Peace-keeping missions must be seen as "demanding American politicalleadership rather than that of the United Nations";Europe could rival the U.S.A.;It says that "even should Saddam pass from the scene," bases in SaudiArabia and Kuwait will remain permanently - despite domesticopposition in the Gulf regimes to the stationing of U.S. troops - as"Iran may well prove as large a threat to U.S. interests as Iraq has";It targets China for "regime change," saying "it is time to increasethe presence of American forces in southeast Asia."This, it says, may lead to "American and allied power providing thespur to the process of democratisation in China";It calls for the creation of "US Space Forces" to dominate space, andthe total control of cyberspace to prevent "enemies" from using theInternet against the U.S.;Shockingly, it hints that, despite threatening war against Iraq fordeveloping weapons of mass destruction, the U.S. may considerdeveloping biological weapons - which the nation has banned - indecades to come.It says: "New methods of attack - electronic, 'non-lethal,' biological- will be more widely available ... combat likely will take place innew dimensions, in space, cyberspace, and perhaps the world ofmicrobes ... advanced forms of biological warfare that can 'target'specific genotypes may transform biological warfare from the realm ofterror to a politically useful tool";It pinpoints North Korea, Libya, Syria and Iran (two of the three"axis of evil" nations) as dangerous regimes and says their existencejustifies the creation of a "world-wide command-and-control system."It should be emphasized that, according to the Herald, the documentwas written "for" the present Bush administration Cabinet members,which does not necessarily mean they either sought or agreed with itsrecommendations.But it is eerily similar to current or planned U.S activities on theworld stage and the grandiose worldview of the Wolfowitz memorandum.
admin
Site Admin

BUSH - LYING AND DECEIVING AMERICA TO WAR « Thread Started on Apr 10, 2004, 10:30pm »--------------------------------------------------------------------------------From: Raymond (bluerhymer2@aol.com)Subject: BUSH - LYING US INTO WAR This is the only article in this thread View: Original Format Newsgroups: alt.politics.bush, alt.politics, talk.politics.misc, alt.politics.democrats.dDate: 2004-04-10 08:45:20 PST LYING US INTO WAR:Exposing Bush and His "Techniques of Deceit."by Dennis Hans"Although Bush presents himself to the world as a plain-spoken,straight-shooting friend of the common man, he regularly employs avariety of techniques to decieve the very people most inclined totrust him." ( The Jingos )SEE TECHNIQUES OF DECEIThttp://www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stor ... mS.O.SSAVE OUR SOLDIERShttp://www.mfso.org/http://www. ... **********
admin
Site Admin

walks like a Nazi, talks like a Nazi, acts like a Nazi, must be p Resident Bush« Thread Started on Apr 10, 2004, 10:22pm »--------------------------------------------------------------------------------From: Jake Waters (jwaters@level3.net)Subject: Walks like a Nazi, talks like a Nazi, and acts like a Nazi, must be p Resident BushView this article only Newsgroups: talk.politics.misc, alt.politics.bush, alt.politics.liberalism, alt.fan.rush-limbaugh, alt.rush-limbaugh, alt.politics.gw-bush, alt.politicsDate: 2004-04-09 20:22:58 PSTIf it looks like a Nazi, walks like a Nazi, talks like a Nazi, and acts like a Nazi, it must be pResident Bu$h.http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/printer ... A.shtmlThe Bush Hitler ThingMy family was one of Hitler's victims. We lost a lot under the Nazi occupation, including an uncle who died in the camps and a cousin killed by a booby trap. I was terrified when my father went ballistic after finding my brother and me playing with a hand grenade. (I was only 12 at the time, and my brother insisted the grenade was safe.) I remember the rubble and the hardships of 'austerity' - and the bomb craters from Allied bombs. As late as the 1980s, I had to take detours while bombs were being removed - they litter the countryside, buried under parking lots,buildings, and in the canals and rivers to this day. Believe me, I learned a lot about Hitler while I was growing up, both in Europe and here in the US - both my parents were in the war and talked about it constantly, unlike most American families. I spent my earliest years with the second-hand fear that trickled down from their PTSD - undiagnosed and untreated in those days.I'm no expert on WWII - but I learned a lot about what happened in Germany - and Europe - back in those days. I always wondered how the wonderful German people - so honest, decent, hard-working, friendly, and generous - could ever allow such a thing to happen. (There were camps near my family's home - they still talk about them only in hushed conspiratorial whispers.) I asked a lot of questions - we were only a few kilometers from the German border - and no one ever denied me. My relatives had obviously spent a lot of time thinking about the war - they still haven't forgotten - I don't think anyone can forget such a horrible nightmare. Among the questions I asked:Why didn't you do anything about the people in the camps?Everyone was terrified. People 'disappeared' into those camps. Sometimes the Nazis came and lined everyone up, walking behind them - even school children - with a cocked pistol. You never knew when they would just shoot someone in the back of the head. Everyone was terrified. Everyone was disarmed - guns were registered, so all the Nazis had to do was go from house to house and demand the guns.Didn't you see what was happening?We saw. There was nothing we could do. Our military had no modern weapons. The Nazis had technology and resources - they just invaded and took over - we were overwhelmed by their air power. They had spies everywhere - people spying on each other, just to have an 'ace in the hole' in case they were accused - and anyone who had a grudge against you could accuse you of something - just an accusation meant you'd disappear. Nobody dared ask where you had gone - anyone who returned was considered suspicious - what had they said, and who did they implicate? It was a climate of fear - there's nothing anyone can do when the government uses fear and imprisonment to intimidate people. The government was above the law - even in Germany, it became 'every man for himself'. Advancement was possible by exposing 'traitors' - anyone who questioned the government. It didn't matter if the people you accused were guilty or not - just the accusation was enough.Did anyone know what was going on?We all knew. We imagined the worst because the Nazis made 'examples' of a few people in every town and village. Public torture and execution. The most unspeakable atrocities were committed in full view of everyone. If this is what happened in public, can you imagine what might be going on in the camps? Nobody wanted to know.Why didn't the German people stop the Nazis?Life was better, at first, under the Nazis. The war machine invigorated the economy - men had jobs again, and enough money to take care of their family. New building projects were everywhere. The shops were full again - and people could afford good food, culture, and luxuries. Women could stay home in comfort. Crime was reduced. Health care improved. It was a rosy scenario - Hitler brought order and prosperity. His policies won widespread approval because life was better for most Germans, after the misery of reparations and inflation. The people liked the idea of removing the worst elements of society - the gypsies, the homosexuals, the petty criminals - it was easy to elicit support for prosecuting the corrupt 'evil'people poisoning society. Every family was proud of their hometown heroes - the sharply-dressed soldiers they contributed to his program - they were, after all,defending the Fatherland. Continuing a proud tradition that had been defeated and shamed after WWI, the soldiers gave the feeling of power and success to the proud families that showered them with praise and support. Their early victories were reason to celebrate - in spite of the fact that they faced poorly armed inferior forces - further proof that what they were doing was right, and the best thing for the country. The news was full of stories about their bravery and accomplishments against a vile enemy. They were 'liberating' these countries from their corrupt governments.These are some of the answers I gleaned over the years. As a child, I was fascinated with the Nazis. I thought the German soldiers were really something - that's how strong an impression they made, even after the war. After all, they weren't the ones committing war crimes - they were the pride of their families and communities. It was just the SS and Gestapo that were 'bad'. Now I know better -but that pride in the military was a strong factor for many years, only adding to the mystique of military power - after all, my father had been a soldier too, but in the American army. It took a while to figure out the truth.Every time I've gone back to Europe, someone has taken me to the 'gardens of stone' - the Allied cemeteries that dot the countryside. With great sadness, my relatives would stand in abject misery, remembering the nightmare, and asking 'Why?'. Maybe that's why they wouldn't support the US invasion of Iraq. They knew war. They knew occupation. And they knew resistance. I saw the building where British flyers hid on their way back to England - smuggled out by brave families that risked the lives of everyone to help the Allies. As a child, I had played in a basement, where the cow lived under the house, as is common there. The same place those flyers hid.So why, now, when I hear GWB's speeches, do I think of Hitler? Why have I drawn a parallel between the Nazis and the present administration? Just one small reason -the phrase 'Never forget'. Never let this happen again. It is better to question our government - because it really can happen here - than to ignore the possibility.So far, I've seen nothing to eliminate the possibility that Bush is on the same course as Hitler. And I've seen far too many analogies to dismiss the possibility. The propaganda. The lies. The rhetoric. The nationalism. The flag waving. The pretext of 'preventive war'. The flaunting of international law and international standards of justice. The disappearances of 'undesirable' aliens. The threats against protesters. The invasion of a non-threatening sovereign nation. The occupation of a hostile country. The promises of prosperity and security. The spying on ordinary citizens. The incitement to spy on one's neighbors - and report them to the government. The arrogant triumphant pride in military conquest. The honoring of soldiers. The tributes to 'fallen warriors. The diversion of money to the military. The demonization of government appointed 'enemies'. The establishment of 'Homeland Security'. The dehumanization of 'foreigners'. The total lack of interest in the victims of government policy. The incarceration of the poor and mentally ill. The growing prosperity from military ventures. The illusion of 'goodness' and primacy. The new einsatzgrupen forces. Assassination teams. Closed extralegal internment camps. The militarization of domestic police. Media blackout of non-approved issues. Blacklisting of protesters - including the no-fly lists and photographing dissenters at rallies.There isn't much doubt in my mind - anyone who compares the history of Hitler's rise to power and the progression of recent events in the US cannot avoid the parallels. It's incontrovertible. Is Bush another Hitler? Maybe not, but with each incriminating event, the parallel grows -it certainly cannot be dismissed. There's too much evidence already. Just as Hitler used American tactics to plan and execute his reign, it looks as if Karl Rove is reading Hitler's playbook to plan world domination - and that is the stated intent of both. From the Reichstag fire to the landing at Nuremberg to the motto of "Gott Mit Uns" to the unprovoked invasion and occupation of Iraq to the insistence that peace was the ultimate goal, the line is unbroken and unwavering.I'm afraid now, that what may still come to pass is a reign far more savage and barbaric than that of the Nazis. Already, appeasement has been fruitless - it only encourages the brazen to escalate their arrogance and braggadocio. Americans support Bush - by a generous majority - and mass media sings his praises while indicting his detractors - or silencing their opinions completely. The American people seem to care only about the domestic economic situation - and even in that, they are in complete denial. They don't want to hear about Iraq, and Afghanistan is already forgotten. Even the Democratic opposition supports the occupation of Iraq. Everyone seems to agree that Saddam Hussein deserves to be executed -with or without a trial. 'Visitors' are fingerprinted. Guilty until proven innocent. Snipers are on New York City rooftops. When do the Stryker teams start appearing on American streets? They're perfectly suited for 'Homeland Security' - and they've had a trial run in Iraq. The Constitution has been suspended - until further notice. Dick Cheney just mentioned it may be for decades - even a generation, as Rice asserts as well. Is this the start of the 1000 year reign of this new collection of thugs? So it would seem.I can only hope that in the coming year there will be some sign - some hint - that we are not becoming that which we abhor. The Theory of the Grotesque fares all too well these days. It may not be Nazi Germany - it might be a lot worse.SL | Wisconsin --"the reich wing do best what they do on their knees."
admin
Site Admin

Return to April 2004