North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on the Retirement of Congressman Brad Miller

Daily newsbrief journal for January 2012, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Postby admin » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:57 pm

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today after Congressman Brad Miller (NC-13) announced that he is retiring at the end of this Congress:
“While I was saddened to learn that Rep. Brad Miller will be retiring from Congress, I am thankful for the chance to have served alongside him these past nine years. Over the course of his time in Congress, Rep. Miller has fought for the well-being of North Carolina families, and he has worked tirelessly as a member of the Financial Services Committee to combat predatory lending practices and help those facing foreclosure stay in their homes. Believing strongly in creating opportunities for more Americans to reach the middle class, Rep. Miller has been a strong advocate for education and access to health care, and he has been a defender of North Carolina service members, veterans, and their families. He will be missed in this House, and I join in wishing him the best as he moves on to the next step in his career.”

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to January 2012