North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

3 days until October’s Federal Election Commission (FEC) dea

Daily newsbrief journal for October 2011, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

3 days until October’s Federal Election Commission (FEC) dea

Postby admin » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:57 am

After more than 25 years in professional politics, I really thought I’d heard everything.

That’s until last Friday when an aide to Republican Leader Eric Cantor described a speech his boss was scheduled to give:
“The speech will zero in on how Washington could […] make sure the people at the top stay there.”
That’s not a typo. That’s what he said. Unfortunately, we’ll never hear Cantor’s plan to keep the rich on top. He abruptly cancelled the speech when the Wharton School of Business decided to open its doors to the public. Typical.

We’ve got 3 days until October’s Federal Election Commission (FEC) deadline hits: How about we use it to send our own million dollar message right back to Cantor and the rest of the right-wingers?

Contribute $3 or more to the DCCC’s Million Dollar Match Campaign to kick Tea Party Republicans right out of Congress and your gift will be matched dollar-for-dollar by House Dems!
http://www.dccc.org/page/m/1d63c8d9/1b5 ... 0122/VEsH/

When Tea Partiers are behind closed doors, you can bet they’re cooking up all kinds of crazy plans to slash taxes for billionaires, gut Medicare and balance the budget on the backs of the middle class and seniors.

But, we’re not going to let them get away with it.

House Democrats are in full fighting form. They’ve recruited top-rate Democratic challengers to take on 60 Tea Party extremists and recent polls show voters want a Democratic Majority over the Republicans.

We’re just 3 days out from the last FEC deadline before we hit the one year out to 2012 marker. Take it from me: the amount that Democrats raise by October 31st will be seen by the media and political operatives as a critical indicator of Democratic strength and determination to take the fight to Republicans and hold them accountable. We’ve got to have a powerful showing.

Contribute $3 or more to the DCCC right now and your gift will be matched dollar-for-dollar >> http://www.dccc.org/page/m/1d63c8d9/1b5 ... 0122/VEsH/

This is our moment, and Democrats urgently need your financial support if we’re to jump on this opportunity and take on the Tea Partiers. Let me hear from you today.

Thanks.

James Carville
admin
Site Admin

Return to October 2011