North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on the Retirement of Congressman Dennis Card

Daily newsbrief journal for October 2011, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Hoyer Statement on the Retirement of Congressman Dennis Card

Postby admin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:39 pm

Hoyer Statement on the Retirement of Congressman Dennis Cardoza

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today after Rep. Dennis Cardoza announced he would not seek reelection:
“I have had the privilege of serving with Dennis Cardoza in Congress for eight years, and I have come to know him both as an effective advocate for the people of California’s 18th district and as a friend. From his studies at the University of Maryland and work running a small business to his time serving in California’s legislature, Dennis brought great experience to Congress that helped him quickly become a leader in the House on issues important to farmers and ranchers as well as on the home mortgage crisis that has hit California families hard. While I am sad to see him leave, I know Dennis will continue to speak out on behalf of the Central Valley’s communities in the next phase of his career as well. I wish him and his family well as he embarks on his next steps.”
###
admin
Site Admin

Return to October 2011