North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on Obama Administration's Announcement on No

Daily newsbrief journal for September 2011, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Hoyer Statement on Obama Administration's Announcement on No

Postby admin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Hoyer Statement on Obama Administration's Announcement on No Child Left Behind Rules

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today on the Obama Administration's announcement regarding changes to No Child Left Behind rules:
"Today’s announcement by the President to provide states with flexibility in return for education reform is a positive step, and I look forward to learning more details about the Administration’s plan. Maryland and other states awarded funding through the Race to the Top grant program have been undertaking serious efforts aimed at raising graduation rates, ensuring high-quality teachers in every classroom, and closing the achievement gap in key subjects such as reading and math. I am disappointed that Congress has not yet been able to come together on a bipartisan basis to reauthorize the Elementary and Secondary Education Act, which is a central component of Democrats’ Make it in America jobs plan. I hope doing so will be the next step as we continue seeking ways to prepare more of our students to succeed."

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to September 2011