North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on Joint Economic Committee Hearing on Manuf

Daily newsbrief journal for June 2011, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Hoyer Statement on Joint Economic Committee Hearing on Manuf

Postby admin » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:42 am

Hoyer Statement on Joint Economic Committee Hearing on Manufacturing

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today after the Joint Economic Committee held a hearing on recent growth in the manufacturing sector and how we can continue to bolster manufacturing here in the U.S.:
"Today, the Joint Economic Committee held an important hearing, titled 'Manufacturing in the USA: Why We Need a National Manufacturing Strategy.' I strongly agree about the importance of manufacturing to the American economy, and I thank the JEC for calling attention to this issue. Manufacturing is crucial to our economic competitiveness, our leadership in innovation, and the future of our middle class. That's why it is essential that America develop a manufacturing strategy, just as competitors like China and Germany have. I am a strong supporter of the Make It In America agenda, which includes the National Manufacturing Strategy Act--a bill introduced by Congressman Dan Lipinski that directs the president to develop a national manufacturing strategy. I hope that both Republicans and Democrats can come together to implement this agenda and create manufacturing jobs."

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to June 2011