North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Remarks With Croatian President Ivo Josipovic Before Their M

Daily newsbrief journal for May 2011, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Remarks With Croatian President Ivo Josipovic Before Their M

Postby admin » Tue May 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Remarks With Croatian President Ivo Josipovic Before Their Meeting

Remarks
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of StateTreaty Room

Washington, DC

May 3, 2011

SECRETARY CLINTON: Well, it is an honor to welcome the president of Croatia here today as part of his very significant visit to the United States. We were just saying that in Chicago – and having been born and growing up in Chicago, I know there’s a big Croatian community. And he’s had a very good meeting with the Vice President, other meetings here in Washington.
Mr. President, the United States fully supports your aspirations not only for EU membership, which of course is critical, but the role that your country is playing in Europe and the region, and we warmly welcome you here.
PRESIDENT JOSIPOVIC: Thank you very much. Your support from the United States and friendship from this side is very important for us, from the very beginning of our stay. So I’m very happy that I’m here with (inaudible) and I hope that our meeting will be so fruitful as those before. Thank you very much.
SECRETARY CLINTON: Thank you. Thank you, Mr. President. Thank you all very much.

PRN: 2011/685
admin
Site Admin

Return to May 2011