North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on the 40th Anniversary of the Congressional

Daily newsbrief journal for March 2011, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/twitterarchive for daily twitter archive briefs and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Hoyer Statement on the 40th Anniversary of the Congressional

Postby admin » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:36 pm

Hoyer Statement on the 40th Anniversary of the Congressional Black Caucus

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today commemorating the 40th anniversary of the Congressional Black Caucus. He also participated in Roll Call's coverage of the anniversary, click here to view the video.
“I congratulate the Congressional Black Caucus on 40 proud and successful years and I honor their service to our nation. The principles of the CBC— equal rights, social justice, and security and opportunity for all Americans—have guided us in some of our most important work here in Congress. And I am proud to have partnered with the CBC to advocate for health care for every American; for fairer drug sentencing; for action to protect human rights in Darfur and ensure the birth of a secure and stable Southern Sudan; and for aid to our disaster-struck neighbor, Haiti, among other important issues.
“As we look to the future, I know that the CBC will build upon this success and continue to serve as the conscience of the House for generations to come.”

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to March 2011