North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Challenging the conventional wisdom on Libya

Daily newsbrief journal for March 2011, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/twitterarchive for daily twitter archive briefs and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Challenging the conventional wisdom on Libya

Postby admin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:23 pm

America or the World

Dear Friend,

On Friday, I asked you to dig deep and help us hit a critical fundraising goal, $70,000 in seven days before the March 31 quarterly fundraising deadline. You responded in force - we raised half our goal over the weekend and I know, with your help, we can get there by Thursday night.

Click here to donate and help us hit this important goal.
http://kucinich.us/contribute

I need your help because Ohio's downstate politicians are trying to eliminate my seat through redistricting. I don't know where I will run yet, but I intend keep our voice in Congress. On issue after issue, our movement has led the charge, challenging the conventional wisdom and asking us to think differently.

On Libya, I was the first to question whether our involvement was constitutional and productive towards building a more peaceful world. Muammar Gaddafi is a barbaric, backwards leader, but our intervention may not help build peace. We're supporting armed rebels that we know little about, and we're fighting without a clear strategy or understanding about the humanitarian atrocities that predicated our intervention. And while we creep into our third war in the general region, we are ignoring our massive challenges here at home - poverty, retirement security, healthcare, and jobs.

One thing is clear: we should have a debate about this in Congress, as our constitution requires. We should challenge the conventional wisdom that this war is necessary or that it somehow helps build peace. We simply should not accept, blindly, that war is always necessary and that our nation and our world must persist in a state of violence.

Click here to watch my video challenging the conventional wisdom on Libya, then donate to help keep our voice in Congress.
http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=9uu6zlcab&et=1104983633307&s=60607&e=001bbiwC8PUa9Tmp9zwjWi3D8_RoNqlyRkKq9i9exHcJmZjFk4GqWkXP30vPceqE5GUEVIpeTvqdn04XXRQh1YFf26eHM83KpIiYJK9QbAEQRc=

I am going to continue to speak out to challenge the type of thinking that takes us into war, as I challenged the thinking that took us into Iraq, that keeps us in Afghanistan, and, now, that brings us into Libya.

It is time that we asked ourselves, once again, "What kind of a country do we want?" If we want a country that's forever on the warpath, well that's what we have right now. But if we want a nation that uses its resources to create a good life for the people in this country while at the same time having the resources to protect America, we can achieve this. And I'm dedicated to that mission.

With respect,
Dennis Kucinich
admin
Site Admin

Return to March 2011