North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

India's Republic Day

Daily newsbrief journal for January 2011

India's Republic Day

Postby admin » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:20 am

India's Republic Day

Press Statement
Hillary Rodham Clinton
Secretary of State
Washington, DC

January 26, 2011

I join President Obama and the American people in congratulating the people of India as they celebrate the 62nd anniversary of Republic Day this January 26.
Our two nations are bound together by mutual respect, shared values, and the freedoms enshrined in our Constitutions. Our people and governments are forging an even stronger strategic partnership to promote a secure and stable world, and support even greater cooperation on economic development, open government, and democratic values.
I look forward to my visit to India in April to advance our efforts during the next session of our Strategic Dialogue. The people of the United States and India -- united by these shared values and commitment to a safer, more secure world -- are working together to construct what President Obama has called an indispensable partnership for the 21st century.
I wish all Indians around the world continued peace and prosperity in the coming year.

PRN: 2011/112
admin
Site Admin

Return to January 2011