North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Redistricting: Intend To Stay In Congress

Daily newsbrief journal for January 2011

Postby admin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:05 pm

A couple weeks ago, I emailed you because there is an effort underway to try and silence my voice - and yours - by eliminating our congressional district through redistricting. Your response has been amazing - thousands of supportive letters urging me to do what it takes to keep our progressive voice in Congress.

The media is taking notice - Politico, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, The Plain Dealer, AP, CBS, CNN, FOX, MSNBC, and The Hill have all written stories on my impending fight to stay in Congress. And many note the fact that we've got something most candidates don't: a movement of passionate progressives determined to be heard. Our movement cannot and will not be silenced by down-state special interests who are afraid of my willingness to stand up and speak out on the issues we believe in.

Let me be clear. I am a Member of Congress now. I have every intention of staying in Congress no matter what the special interests do to my district. But to stay and fight, I need your help. Please donate $20, $50, or more and help us gear up for the impending fight:

http://kucinich.us/contribute

Less than three months since our last election, it may seem early to already be looking at 2012. But I don't spend my life worrying about what might happen. My life is about making things happen. That's why the wrong thing to do is to wait until later this year when Ohio's new districts are announced.

My district might be eliminated. We need to begin to work now to prepare for what is sure to be a major effort to silence your voice. As you know, my work in Congress has never been about me. It's about the hopes and aspirations of the people of the 10th district and the people of our Nation.

I don't know where my district will be. But I owe it to you and to all those who have ever supported me to not sit idly while questions are being raised in every major media outlet about whether I will be forced out of Congress by redistricting. I will not let any special interests force me out. Your support will ensure that the debate - on issues as important as ending the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq, implementing single-payer healthcare, and remaking our economy for Main Street not Wall Street - will continue.

I'm not going to let our voices and our movement be abolished by the stroke of a pen. There's too much at stake. This is the time to stand up and speak out. And based on the support and responses I've seen so far, I know you're right there with me.

You've done so much already, but I need you right now more than ever. Please chip in $10, $20, $100 and help us prove that the people are mightier than the redistricting pen:

http://kucinich.us/contribute

We've got a lot planned for this year - a redesigned website, new legislation to get our forces out of Afghanistan, a renewed effort to implement single-payer healthcare and investing in our infrastructure to rebuild American industry and create jobs. Together, we continue our movement for a better, more just, more peaceful America. Thanks for being with me.

With respect and appreciation,

Your Congressman, Dennis Kucinich
admin
Site Admin

Return to January 2011