North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Michael Bennet: A Democratic Senate Leader

Daily newsbrief journal for June 2010
follow @usdemocrats for near-realtime updates

Michael Bennet: A Democratic Senate Leader

Postby admin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:08 pm

Dear Friend,

Michael Bennet hasn't been the junior Senator from Colorado for very long, but he's already set himself apart as a rising star and a solutions driven leader.

Since arriving in the Senate last year, Michael fought along with me to pass health care reform, and he even led the charge for a public option. From reforming Wall St. to protecting our environment, I've been impressed with Michael's commitment to setting partisan games aside and getting to work on solving real problems.

But while Michael has been fighting for all of us, his Republican opponents have staked out extreme positions, far outside the mainstream in an attempt to win Tea Party support. Both of his Republican challengers have gone so far as to say they'd work to repeal health care reform and close the Department of Education.

Michael is up for election in what promises to be one of the closest, most targeted races in the nation.

Please join me today in supporting Michael Bennet. Donate $15 to Michael before the midnight end of quarter deadline on June 30.
http://links.e.chrisdodd.com/ctt?kn=1&m ... &mt=1&rt=0

Michael is new to politics -- in fact, this is the first office that he's held. He brings a fresh approach and a track record of success turning around failing companies in the private sector, then taking on the tough challenge of turning around failing schools as the Superintendent of Denver Public Schools.

Given Michael's unique real world background, it's no wonder that President Obama has endorsed Michael, calling him a "different kind of leader, one who is unafraid to bring a fresh approach to tough challenges."

And since nobody currently in the Senate has Michael's expertise in education, it only made sense for him to take the seat left open after the passing of Senator Ted Kennedy on the prestigious Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions Committee.

We need more leaders like Michael Bennet.

I agree with President Obama: We can't afford to lose a leader like Michael Bennet. Please contribute $15 to his campaign today before the June 30 end of quarter deadline.

Michael has shown himself to be a strong campaigner -- the latest poll conducted by the Denver Post shows Michael leading his primary opponent by a margin of 53 to 36 percent.

Michael's conservative opponents have pledged to work to privatize Social Security and tear health care reform "out by the roots."

We know the national extreme interest groups will do anything to move Michael's seat into their column.

Please stand with me today to make sure we don't let that happen -- contribute $15 to Michael's campaign before the June 30 deadline.

Thank you for all of your support.

Sincerely,

Chris Dodd
U.S. Senator
admin
Site Admin

Return to June 2010