North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Linda Chavez-Thompson for Lt. Governor.

Daily newsbrief journal for June 2010
follow @usdemocrats for near-realtime updates

Postby admin » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:53 pm

Rachel Farris June 30, 2010 at 9:52am
Subject: Who will your children write about?
Hi there,

A few months ago, Linda Chavez-Thompson spoke to a class of journalism students at St. Mary's University in San Antonio. Despite the fact that she was busy on the campaign trail, she took the time to talk about her early childhood and the struggles she faced with our education system. She told them, from the heart and straight from the work-horse's mouth, how she overcame the roadblocks that exist in society for women, minorities and, increasingly, the under-educated.

Dania Pulido, a student at St. Mary's and an aspiring journalist from the Valley, wrote a piece for her journalism class about Linda. http://www.facebook.com/l/9d904oJUm-u_- ... castSA.com is now featuring her piece on their homepage this week and I've copied it below for you to read.

It's easy for wealthy Republicans like David Dewhurst to pay lip-service to young adults while overseeing the deregulation of schools' tuitions. And while I don't know for certain, I doubt many Texas students these days take the time to write about David Dewhurst when they're having to work two jobs just to pay for school.

But Linda, who has struggled with the same issues that so many young adults face, serves as both an advocate for and an inspiration to those who have been affected by the very policies that Dewhurst and his Republican counterparts have allowed to happen. And if we don't continue to support people like Linda, who will fight for Texas students, the next generation of young adults may never have a chance to write a paper like Dania's.

It's simple, really: Who will your children write about?

I hope you'll consider making a donation of $5, $10, or $25 to Linda's campaign TODAY before the end of quarter deadline to help Linda Chavez-Thompson make history as Texas's next Lt. Governor:

http://www.facebook.com/l/9d904-LENE1LR ... m/page/lct

Thank you,
Rachel Farris
admin
Site Admin

Return to June 2010