North America weblog
International weblog
Democrats twitter directory
Latest Government Jobs and Public Tenders
Jobs Matrix
Global Travel Information
Pop Entertainment Forum
Start Portal

Please make a donation to support upkeep of the daily news journal, back archives, twitter feeds and the compendium library.

Hoyer Statement on Election of AFGE President J. David Cox

Daily newsbrief journal for August 2012, also see http://www.usdemocrats.com/brief for a global 100-page perpetual brief and follow twitter @usdemocrats

Postby admin » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:20 am

WASHINGTON, DC - House Democratic Whip Steny H. Hoyer (MD) released the following statement today on the election of J. David Cox as National President of the American Federation of Government Employees (AFGE):
"I congratulate J. David Cox on his election as National President of the American Federation of Government Employees, and I thank outgoing President John Gage for his many years of service. I have had the pleasure of working with J. David in his capacity as National Secretary-Treasurer for the past six years, and I know he will do an outstanding job in this new role.
“Federal employees have already contributed $75 billion toward deficit reduction, and to ask them give more while refusing to ask the wealthiest Americans to contribute as well is simply unfair. If we fail to recognize the important contributions they make to our economic recovery, national security, and growing opportunities we risk being unable to recruit and retain the best workforce possible to serve the American people.
“I look forward to continuing to coordinate closely with J. David and the members of AFGE in the fight to ensure America's federal employees receive the pay and benefits they deserve.”

Visit http://www.democraticwhip.gov/ for more press, floor and member resources.
admin
Site Admin

Return to August 2012